Multiple Choice Global Warming Question and Discussion Pembahasan
- Posted on
Multiple Choice Global Warming Question [+ Pembahasan] – It is a 7th grade science material and also 11th grade high school physics that students must learn about global warming and is also often related to the use of greenhouses.
Global warming or also what we are often familiar with global warming is a process of increasing the average temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and land. The global average temperature at the Earth’s surface has increased by 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) over the past hundred years.
1 – 10 Global Warming Questions and Answers
1. In the process of the greenhouse effect, CO2 gas causes….
A. Decreased gas O2
B. The increase in O2 . gas
C. An increase in the temperature of the earth’s surface
D. A decrease in the temperature of the earth’s surface
E. Decreasing vegetation
The Glass Effect results in increased CO2 levels.
CO2 levels increase, causing the earth’s surface temperature to rise
2. To prevent the greenhouse effect, it is necessary to do….
A. Burning trash
B. Recycle garbage
C. Reducing vegetation
D. Reducing motorized vehicles
E. Planting a lot of plants
To prevent the greenhouse effect:
- Recycle trash
- reforestation and reduce motor vehicle and factory smoke
- reforestation, reduce the use of refrigerators, air conditioners, and type X which can make a hole in the ozone.
3. In the troposphere, ozone is toxic, but in the stratosphere it is beneficial for life on earth because ………..
A. Raising the global temperature of the earth
B. Lowering the global temperature of the earth
C. Acts as a greenhouse gas
D. Can prevent the occurrence of a greenhouse
E. Can withstand ultraviolet radiation from sunlight
Ozone is very beneficial for life on Earth because it protects us by absorbing 90% of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation emitted by the sun.
Also Read: 10+ Compton Effect Example Questions and Answers [+Pembahasannya]
4. Ozone layer in the strafosphere can be damaged by reacting with ……….
C. Sulfur dioxide
React with CFC gas (chloride fluoro carbon) and other gases that release ozone bonds, causing ozone to become hollow.
5. Nowadays, the ozone layer in the staph is reduced because it is contaminated by chlorofluorocarbons known as …..
Gases that are capable of destroying ozone in the stratosphere are CFC (Chloro Fluoro Carbon) gas or what we often call Freon gas. The name Freon gas itself is based on one of the trademarks of EI du Pont de Nemours and Company, which is the raw material for making refrigerants in both liquid and gas forms.
6. The benefits of reforestation in cities include the fact that plants can…
A. Binds N2 gas from the air
B. Maintain a balance of the amount of CO2, N2, and O2 . gases
C. Binds CO2 in the air and releases O2
D. Convert CO2 from air into O2
E. Absorb industrial waste
bind CO2 in the air and liberate O2 in the presence of reforestation, the CO2 will be reduced.
7. The compounds below that cause ozone holes are….
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Carbon tetrachloride
- Chlorine compounds containing methyl chloroform, etc. that release chlorine or bromine when broken.
8. The gas that causes the greenhouse effect, causing an increase in the earth’s surface temperature is…
Answer : D
The greenhouse effect is caused by an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other gases in the atmosphere. The increase in CO2 gas concentration is caused by the increase in the burning of fuel oil, coal and other organic fuels that exceed the ability of plants and the sea to absorb it.
Energy that enters the Earth: 25% is reflected by clouds or other particles in the atmosphere 25% is absorbed by clouds 45% is absorbed by the Earth’s surface 5% is reflected back by the Earth’s surface. The absorbed energy is reflected back in the form of infrared radiation by clouds and the Earth’s surface.
However, most of the infrared emitted by the earth is retained by clouds and CO2 and other gases, to be returned to the earth’s surface. Under normal circumstances, the greenhouse effect is needed, with the greenhouse effect the temperature difference between day and night on earth is not too much different.
In addition to CO2 gas, which can cause a greenhouse effect is sulfur dioxide, nitrogen monoxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) as well as some organic compounds such as methane gas and chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). These gases play an important role in increasing the greenhouse effect. Increasing the temperature of the earth’s surface will result in extreme climate changes on earth.
9. In the mechanism of the greenhouse effect, heat will be trapped in the earth causing….
A. An increase in the average temperature of the earth
B. Increased air humidity
C. A decrease in the average temperature of the earth
D. Decreased air humidity
E. The decline in volcanic eruptions
Global warming or Global warming occurs due to the increase in greenhouse gases in the earth’s atmosphere, caused by the burning of fossil fuels and other human activities.
These greenhouse gases are mainly carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4). These greenhouse gases cause global warming because they absorb and store heat from sunlight, so the overall temperature of the atmosphere rises.
Fossil fuels, oil and natural gas, which are burned by motor vehicles, factories and power plants emit carbon dioxide (CO2) which is a greenhouse gas with the largest impact and amount.
Methane (CH4) produced from logging and draining swamp areas is also a contributor to global warming.
10. In the phenomenon of global warming, ice in the polar regions undergoes a change in form from…
A. Solid to gas
B. Gas to liquid
C. Solid to liquid
D. Gas to solid
E. Liquid to solid
Because ice is solid and will melt into a liquid
11 – 20 Examples of Global Warming Questions and Answer Keys
11. Which of the following is not an impact of global warming on ecosystems…
A. Disruption of the food chain
B. Disruption of the balance of the ecosystem
C. The occurrence of ecosystem balance
D. Disruption of the pattern of interaction between living things
E. Loss of habitat for species
because the disruption of the interaction does not result in the ecosystem being damaged.
Also Read: 10+ Complete Business and Energy Questions with Accurate Discussion
12. Pay attention to the following statement!
- 1) Ranch
- 2) Forest burning
- 3) Electricity saving
- 4) Deforestation
The statement that is not the cause of global warming is statement number…
A. 3 and 4
B. 1 and 3
C. 1,2 and 4
D. 1,2 and 3
E. All Right
No need for further explanation.
13. Prevention of global warming that can be done by students is….
A. Avoiding the use of plastic bags, thus saving petroleum as fuel for making plastic bags
B. Walk to school, thereby reducing the production of CO2 into the atmosphere
C. Wearing spray perfume to school, thereby releasing CFC gas into the atmosphere
D. Save on paper, so not many trees are cut down for paper making
Answer : D
14. Pay attention to the following statement!
- 1) Polar ice is melting
- 2) Hurricane
- 3) Earth’s average temperature is increasing
- 4) Stable weather changes
The statement that represents the impact of global warming on the environment is statement number……
A. 2 and 3
B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 4
D. 3 and 4
E. 1 and 3
15. Tidal flood is one of the impacts of global warming caused by……
A. Increased rainfall
B. Rising sea levels
C. Rising river water level
D. Rising lake water level
E. Rise of well water level
Tidal flood is a flood whose water comes from sea water. This tidal flood is a flood caused by the tide of sea water, until the tidal water inundates the land. This tidal flood is also known as inundation flood.
This tidal flood will often hit or often occur in areas whose surface is lower than sea level. Because it is caused by the overflow of sea water that reaches the mainland, the water that is inundated due to this tidal flood has a color that tends to be clearer than the water in ordinary floods.
16. The government’s efforts in dealing with global warming are….
A. Family planning program
B. Distribution of fish seeds
C. Planting a thousand trees
D. Assistance for poor students
E. Healthy home
Replanting trees or reforestation is a government program that continues to be carried out to prevent global warming
17. Pay attention to the following statement!
- 1) Save on paper
- 2) Planting trees at home and school
- 3) Take a bicycle to school
- 4) Riding a motorbike to school
The statement which is a student’s effort to reduce global warming is statement number ………..
A. 1,3 and 4
B. 2,3 and 4
C. 4 only
D. 1,2 and 3
E. 1,2,3, and 4
Answer : D
18. Which of the following statements is not an effort to overcome global warming is……..
A. Replanting deforested forest
B. Don’t use TV after watching
C. Limiting the use of mosquito repellent
D. Save on paper
E. Planting lots of trees
19. Which of the following is not an alternative energy source that can help reduce environmental pollution in the form of carbon emissions is….
20. Which of the following is not an international cooperation in an effort to reduce greenhouse gases is……..
C. Kyoto Protocol